How to send money using CashApp
To send a payment:
Open the Cash App mobile app.
Enter the amount you want to send
Enter the email address, phone number or “$Cashtag” (another person’s username in the app).
Enter what you are sending the payment
To view the details of received payment, tap the “Activity” button. You’ll also see the money deposited into your Cash App account on the “My Cash” button, which keeps a running total of your deposited funds.
You can also fill out a form to get your paycheck directly deposited into your Cash App account.
Looking for a new checking account to link to your P2P payments? Here are some competitive options.
How to send money using Paypal
With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile number.
Here’s how to send money:
- Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
- Select from the 3 options.*
- Enter the email address or mobile number to whom you are sending money.
- Enter the amount you want to send and click Continue.
- Review and confirm the information on the screen and click Send Money Now.
*If you’re buying something, select Pay for goods and services. If you’re sending money to a friend or family member, pick Send to friends and family in the US or Send to friends and family internationally.
We’ll send the recipient an email to let them know that you sent them money. If they don’t have a PayPal account, we’ll explain how to sign up for one. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money can be credited to their PayPal account.
How to send money using bitcoin
- Open your Bitcoin wallet app and select Send.
- Copy and paste the recipient’s wallet address into your own wallet app. Or, if you’re in person, select Scan QR code and simply scan it with your app.
- Choose which wallet you want to send Bitcoin from. Make sure you select a BCH wallet if you want to send Bitcoin Cash or a BTC wallet if you want to send Bitcoin.
- Enter how much you want to send and select Next.
- Carefully check that you’re happy with the details and then Slide to send.
- Or, if you’re wanting to move money between your own wallets, select Transfer between wallets in the Send section of your app.